While other wild horse advocate groups celebrate, likely because they need to find a win in the lawsuit they had dismissed for being moot, we see that this new announcement of BLM on the Warm Springs Case is NO win at all for the horses. In fact, it is NOTHING at all.
THE REAL STORY HERE IS READING THE MESSAGE BLM JUST ISSUED: We didn’t get our way so we are not returning 200 horses as we agreed to in a previous APPROVED plan. But hey we’ll try to return horses, just not from now through December of 2019, and not pregnant or unpregnant mares, or stallions.
What is BLM really proposing?
BLM issued a new plan to release wild horses on the Warm Springs Horse Management Area (HMA), changing the already approved plan. As we reported in our previous article on this the release of less than half the horses approved in the plan should not be changed because BLM could not go through with plans to sterilize mares. If the range could support 200 for their gruesome study, it can support the release of 200 without the study. Period. 200 horses must be released and we reject this new plan.
As if that was enough of an insult to our intelligence BLM also gives the following restrictions on releasing even the meager 66 these mainstream fake advocate organizations are touting as a great win. Here are the conditions that may change the release of just 66 horses:
- BLM can’t return horses now or until approximately May or June because the roads are not good enough
- Can’t return mares that are pregnant March – June because well, they might deliver on transport? (They gather and transport pregnant mares routinely)
- Won’t return mares with foals because of danger to foals on transport (They transport foals routinely)
- Won’t return mares until foals are weaned and ripped away from mares 4 – 6 months after birth (so no returns from March – June until after 4 – 6 months later which would be as late as December
- No returns during fire season June through fall
- No returns if there is not adequate water (to be assessed in flyovers in June) even though forage is good and water on one half is good, the other side was questionable, and the solution is the removal of a livestock fence between the 2 sides of the HMA
- No mares returned who were not pregnant, they could be sterile (erm the original plan was to return nearly 30 sterile mares wasn’t it?)
- No stallion released without a mare released to keep a 50/50 sex ratio (unnatural and why can’t they release 33 stallions and release 33 mares as they can based on their other fake conditions)
- AND BLM retains the right to alter, change, nullify, or create a whole new plan even if this one is passed
So, in other word BLM has said :